First time enjoying portrait photography

I've always enjoyed going out by myself to make images, I like to take my time and work through each image in a slow and methodical way. Each image is deeply personal and I’ve always liked being the only one who truly knows the story behind each image. On top of all of that I am an extremely independent person and don't like relying on other people to do something so because of all of this I’ve never really gotten into portrait photography. I recently did, however, take some portraits with the fall foliage as a backdrop and I’m quite happy with how they came out. It was the first time I fully enjoyed the whole process of choosing a location, lighting and posing a model and then making a quality image that I'm happy to share. I can see myself opening up and shooting more portraits and developing my own style as I have in other aspects of my photography repertoire. I can see some improvements I can definitely make but unlike before where I was Intimidated and didn't know how to tackle those improvements I now have the knowledge and skill to attempt and enjoy the problem solving process.




Comments

Popular Posts