My favorite part of the creative process



 The physical act of creating is what every artist is meant to do. That’s our element, and as photographers unfortunately the production stage can sometimes be the shortest part of the whole thing. With my art being very material driven I would consider the actual shoot the first step in the production stage however. The way I approach a project is entirely dependent on the materials being used. If I'm using a screen printing technique or a cyanotype printing technique on paper there now comes into play a number of different necessary steps. Registering your paper to the screen for instance is crucial in getting consistent printing and obviously the application of the ink or photo chemicals themselves. In comparison printing in the darkroom can sometimes be just as, if not more labor intensive and requires a completely different skill set.


That’s what I thoroughly enjoy though, I think more and more with digital technology taking over we need more tangible art, especially photography. 

 



Comments

Popular Posts