Just like high school English

 Finalizing a portfolio for me is like trying to write a story. Just like we all learned in Ms Johnson’s freshman english class you always open with a hook. In this case I tend to begin with my second best image to start on a good note and set the tone for what the rest of the portfolio is going to be like. From there the whole goal is to take the viewer on a visual journey and keep them interested all the way till the end. Finding photos that not only work together metonymically but also metaphorically is crucial to having a portfolio that flows and tells a captivating story. When deciding where I should place photos I think about them being a diptych and how they would look hung on a wall together.





When ending the story you really want to leave them with something memorable so I plan on ending with what I think is my most powerful image so I really drive home my point and leave the viewer wanting to see more.




Comments

Popular Posts